Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mailbox Project

So, I started painting the donkey and his cart yesterday. Got everything spray painted with a flat white. I then took out the blue and started painting details. The black flies came out of no where! They were all over me! I got ticked off and put everything away for another day. The black flies disappeared. So, I am told that the paint is what attracted the black flies. Now I need to paint in it in the house. What a pain in the ass, to put it bluntly. I liked doing it at the picnic table, in the sun and ventilation. Oh well. Life goes on. This morning when we got up, I decided to get the mailbox done, so the old one can go in the truck for dump week.

So,this is Mike, putting the new box together and the next picture is the finished product. I completely forgot about the camera, until this point. Should have seen us, on the side of the road, pounding a 30" long post holder into the ground. Then we attached the post and put 2 cement blocks around that. Then we filled the back hole of the cement blocks, with cement and 1/3 of the way up in the front hole! If the snowplows hit it now, I think there will be some damage to their trucks. Oh, plus we moved the box back about 15" from where the original one stood. Hopefully, that will do the trick. So that is the end of this blog. Just wanted you to know that the mailbox is crossed off the list and I am slowly working on the donkey and his cart. Ttys Barbara :)










3 comments:

Laura Brann said...

I agree with Brenda...you guys are too busy to have a job.....only these "jobs" don't put food on the table,huh? Would love to see something on the blog soon re: the kids and grand kids. Can't wait to see the donkey cart finished. Gotta name for the donkey yet?

Babs said...

No name, yet. As for the kids and grandkids; we very rarely see them, hence no pictures. They do have their own lives now and we expect that we won't see them nearly as much.

Anonymous said...

The mailbox looks nice - good job. Yes, isn't it just great when the snowplows come by and wipe out your mailbox after every snowstorm. There should be a law against that! Maybe you should put a really big flashing light next to the box too, but then you would probably get a ticket or something!:)