Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WHERE DID SUMMER GO?

So, summer came by here one day last week. Even the hummingbirds are finding it chilly! Last night, they were all pretty lethargic. I know the feeling, these days. We have had a coastal 'breeze' for quite a while and it seems like it is never going to warm up. At night the coast has frost warnings and inland have freeze warnings! The rest of this week, it is supposed to rain, heavy.












I am just showing you different shots of the yard and who has been by for a visit. The hummingbirds are here constantly! They are beautiful and graceful. The creeping phlox is creeping indeed, into the pond. It is very beautiful when in bloom. I was weeding around the pond the other day, when I heard this crashing coming towards me from the woods. Thought it might be a MOOSE! Through the fence jumped this frog in a major hurry! On his right side, you see a bump. I t appears something out there attacked him and he was trying to get away. We let him rest in and around our pond, in safety. The cat showed absolutely no interest in him. His playmate of choice is chipmunks.











He seems to find one everyday to chase around the yard. He chases them, they play dead, he looks away and they run for their life. So far, they have always won. The moles have not been so lucky. He has had a few of those. Just felt like I was behind on the blog, so that is about it. The rain will make me depressed, but we need it. Just hope it warms up soon!









Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone is happy and WARM. Enjoy your week.

2 comments:

Laura Brann said...

Excellent blog....makes me homesick!

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I feel your pain about having one day of summer! We had ONE day of summer last week too - it stinks. Ever since it has been cold and rainy. Nice pictures! I can't believe how beautiful your flowers are since it was such a late spring and with summer taking it's time to get here. We haven't even planted ours yet cause the weather hasn't been warm enough! Keep up the nice pictures - excellent.