Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day! 2010


So, as you see, they needed to TRUCK in snow for this event. The weatherman says there is snow on the ground in 49 states, and it looks like we are closer to Hawaii, than Washington! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm sure we will get more, but I'm loving tis for now. The past 2 winters have been rough, so I am totally enjoying the lack of snow! Sorry America! NOT! Blah ha ha ha!


They had big sleighs, little sleighs, two horse sleighs and one-horse open sleigh. We rode on a one-horse open sleigh that sat 6 people! It was SWEET! Loved every minute of it. Can't wait for next Valentine's Day, so we can share this experience with someone else. They have been doing this for years and we never knew about it. Some friends of mine on FB said they were going today and I asked where and here we are. Lisbon Falls Maine.



Old, Old snowmobiles. Cool, but not my thing. My thing is these gorgeous horses. Most of them were Draft, but not all. They all had jingle bells on, so when they ran, they jingled! It was SO awesome.














































They had sleighs with wheels and some with traditional runners. Of course, I'm a traditional girl. When the wheel one was loading, we stepped aside and let other people go, cause I wanted a REAL sleigh ride. The price was so inexpensive, you could afford to go on both styles!




















So, after the ride, we decided to get some hot chocolate! 50 cents a cup! When we saw the prices, we decided to get a hotdog and a FULL bowl of Seafood Chowder! Lunch for two people $5.00 unheard of these days!
So, $4.00 a head for a sleigh ride, $5.00 for lunch. . . .$13.00 date! Bet no one else can beat that price and had half as much fun as we did! Unbelievable!
Now I need a short nap (from all that fresh air) and then Mike & Billie will be by to play a round or two of Skip~Bo, then Shephard's Pie with Biscuits and The Amazing Race starts tonight! I am having an AWESOME Valentine's Day with my sweetie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a Christmas activity instead of Valentine's Day! Looks like it was a fun-filled day. Where's all your snow? I thought you guys had a lot of snow. Those old snowmobiles are so cool. The video was nice, but you guys should have been in it!:)

Babs said...

Every storm on the East Coast has gone just south of us. We have only received dustings at best from those storms. Here's to hoping it stays that way. Last year at this time, we had like 50+" and it snowed every day! Don't miss it! It was a very fun day and very inexpensive. Just waiting for the amazing race to start again tonight! P.S. Can't run the camera AND be in the shot too!

Laura Brann said...

I have always dreamed of going on an old-fashioned sleigh ride on a moonlit night in a one-horse open sleigh. Certainly was a great way to spend a romantic holiday with your sweetie. I spent my Valentines Day with Pam/Rob/Siena in Broomfield,Co. It was the first time we have all been healthy enough to get out together since we got back from Vegas. The fresh air and change of scenery was good for all of us. Glad you and Mike also had fun.

Laura Brann said...

Time for a new blog!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Barb.....your Valentine's Day blog has gotten just a little old :) I just put up a new blog posting so now it's your turn!