Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn is here

Just to clear up any confusion, I did not take this picture. It was a sample shot on my computer and I felt it fit the season! Our leaves have really popped out in the past week and today's high winds and heavy rain have brought most of them down :( Know what that means.......

Haven't done a blog lately, so thought I would just touch base with everyone. Although, I have noticed no one else has updated their blog lately, either. Must be that time of year where everyone is busy, busy, busy!!

Nothing new on this front. I have been putting in a lot of hours. First of all, I get paid overtime now and need the money and secondly, some of my people need replacing. I have hired two new people and have another prospect in the works. (I hope.)

Yesterday, I paid the house payment that was due on Sept. 1st. I guess this means that we are hanging on by a thread. Really want to keep my house, so we will see how fast I can catch up. That is the hardest game there is. Being out of work 3-4 months, really messed things up financially. When I sat down and paid bills, I paid everything that I had for back bills. I paid all the minimum payments and tried to show them all, that I am trying as hard as I can. Now, I will start saving for Oct's payment on the house. This is a large payment, so nothing else will get paid until I pay that again. We just did a closing on the house, so I should have a month off, but they have neglected to tell me which month. Hoping for it to be October, but nothing yet. We'll see soon enough.

Enough about that crap. Wendell is doing OK, I think. Don't here from him much. John is still here and we haven't heard from Jim since BEFORE the family reunion. One thing my boys don't do, is keep in touch with us very well. What can you do?

So, just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive, just VERY busy.

Hope everyone is doing well and please keep in touch any way that you can. Family is very important to me!! TTYS Barbara



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb, just wondering if there is any way you can do some type of refinancing to lower your mortgage payment? Also, I'm sure this would probably be the last thing you would want to do, but could you guys sell the house and get something smaller and more within your budget? Perhaps that would be an option since it's just the two of you now for the most part. Keep your chin up though! It will all work out, I'm sure.

Laura Brann said...

It must be tough to work all month, knowing everything has to go to the bank. No incentive to go to work in the morning,huh? Brenda has a thought....try and get a smaller place for you and Mike since the boys are all adults now. You said you just closed on the house.....does that mean you refinanced it? Good luck, as winter will only make things tougher with the holidays and fuel bills.

Anonymous said...

Time for a new blog posting, Barb? btw - did you see the e-mails I sent on Brian?

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara
Just wanted to let you know we have had computer problems but I still check your blog once in a while. Tiffany asks if you have e-mailed. The kids computer crashed again but we have one working and I can let her check her mail at my e-mail address every once in awhile. Hope things work out with your house. It is a rough time for a lot of people.

Laura Brann said...

It's been 20 days since we saw a new blog entry....hurry as we are all waiting.