So, ALL week Mike and I have been chasing leaves. It is quite addicting. You get them all raked up in one area and a breeze comes along and blows them back. It is very frustrating, to the point that I was hollering at the wind to just STOP IT! Needless to say, after all that raking, Mike and I walk like we are 90 years old and in desperate need of a matching pair of walkers. We have used muscles that I don't think we have used in years. The back of the thighs, arms and lower back are extremely sor
e. Made us realize how out of shape we are. So, one Friday the temperatures here were almost 70!!! I was hot and sweaty from raking, so I put on a tank top. Well, low and behold, I got a significant sunburn. To the point that I can't lay on my left side to sleep!! Unbelievable!

After we got done raking on Friday, we noticed that the pond was completely thawed and a frog was in it! I got the net and commenced to getting the leaves out! This stirred up alot of crap and before we knew it, there were probably 1000 frogs eggs floating. You know, that jelly crap that the tadpoles live in. Looks like a 1000 eyes starring back at you!!!! Like tapioca pudding!!!! It is gross! Ying-yang got his first bird in his closed in yard and this weekend, he jumped the fence 5 times chasing birds. Each time, we put him in the house for a time-out! That didn't work either, as he took a nap, while we were slaving. Then we would let him out again and he would run, climb the fence and be out before we could reach him! I think his day's in the "big yard" are numbered. So far when he gets out, we holler and he lays right down wherever he lands, but that won't last long. Today, I was working on the new Day Lily bed and Mike was attempting to clean up the rock pile, when Ying-Yang comes strolling over from the neighbor's yard!!! I had just seen him by the picnic table not 3 minutes before that. Not sure what we are going to do about this problem. Ying-Yang is restricted to his yard, for now.
So, that's it for tonight. It's almost midnight and I need to join Mike on the pillows! (Lots of them!) Goodnight and good week to you all. I'll write again soon!! Ttys Barbara

3 comments:
Wow - except for Jackie, who I think I saw maybe 15 yrs. ago, I haven't seen the other two girls since I was a child! They sure have changed a lot - Rhonda looks a lot like her mother (if memory serves me right). That is too bad about Nancy - it must be a sad time for all of them. That picture of your kitty is cool! How did you manage to snap the picture when he was in "flight?!" I didn't know you had a pond - is that a real duck??
Brenda
After looking more closely at the picture and seeing the actual size of the pond, I realize that my question about the duck was stupid! So, I am an idiot!! Not the first time I've asked a stupid question and probably won't be the last:)
Are you starting a Kermit the Frog farm???
Post a Comment