Jimmy is leaving this weekend, so I thought it would be appropriate, to open with his picture. It has been a long winter, but tomorrow, I think his ride will arrive to take him to Florida. She is having trouble with the RV and we are just praying that they make it there. The RV will be there 'free' room and board while they are there. Dawn is coming here on Saturday and they are leaving on Sunday morning (i
f all goes as planned). 
ONLY IN MAINE!!!
Only in Maine can someone shovel the snow off the lawn, let the warmer temperatures melt it down, and rake the leaves off it, ALL in one afternoon! It was really cool. It gave us fresh air, sunshine and exercise. Ying-Yang was allowed out with us the whole time. He loved it! Mike took quite a few loads to the leaf pile and I put quite a few dry leaves into the com poster, stirred that up and watered it down. So after doing quite a bit, we decided to take a break.
While we were smoking, it dawned on me. How many people can do this? Maybe in Brenda's area, but not in Brian's, Aunt Nellie's, or Pam and Mom's area. (Theirs melts too fast. That doesn't count.) So I got the camera out and started taking pictures. Figured I could erase them later if I didn't like them. Well, now the weather has turned weird. The other night, thunder snow, low 40's, fog, drizzle, and cool rain. Needless to say, almost all our snow is gone! That happened too quickly. Now they are worrying about flooding. Raining hard and should partly clear off on Sunday and then rain until Wednesday! Mud season has arrived. Thank God we got gravel hauled in last spring. So, our day outside has ended, and I wait about 45 minutes and start walking with the camera, to see what everybody is doing! 
Only in Maine can someone shovel the snow off the lawn, let the warmer temperatures melt it down, and rake the leaves off it, ALL in one afternoon! It was really cool. It gave us fresh air, sunshine and exercise. Ying-Yang was allowed out with us the whole time. He loved it! Mike took quite a few loads to the leaf pile and I put quite a few dry leaves into the com poster, stirred that up and watered it down. So after doing quite a bit, we decided to take a break.
WOW!!!!! Guess who? The mighty hunter has CRASHED! Looks like he's dead! What a nut. On our down comforter. One of his favorite spots.
SO, Nana is making Baked Beans and Hot dogs with croissants in the kitchen. Slaving! Trent has a giant Elmo Pez and the head flips back and it plays the Sesame Street theme song! SO, I look into the living room and look at what I found. They are both dancing to: Sunny days, sweeping the..clouds away! While I'm slaving away over a hot stove!! No Justice! Trent was here for a few hours while Mom was at her new job! First night. So Trent was having fun with Papa, without me!!! That ain't right! So we all sat down to eat and Trent is very smart! So, I engage in conversation with him. We are talking about colors, numbers and then we get to animals. I ask what does a goat say. He says Baaa. I eventually run out of things to say, so I said, Trent, what do beans sound like? Without missing a beat, Trent says "Kaa-Pow, Zing, Toot toot." He is just the cutest little boy, I
doing fine, getting plenty of time to ourselves, sunshine, exercise and eating good. Sleep is coming a little bit better for me and we are both actively seeking work. That takes a lot of our time, between going places and working on the computer. We are just taking it one day at a time and want to thank everyone for their hopes and prayers. I will write again soon. Tried to get a lot of pictures on so you all can see that we are alive and well. Ttys Barbara & Mike

2 comments:
God's speed, Jimmy. Hope you have a great summer with the carnival. Dad and Mom are going to miss all your help around the house and yard.
Best wishes....NanaBrann
Yes, Barb, we can also rake the grass and shovel the snow at the same time, but I am not in the least bit motivated to do either one at this point! And, actually, I think you might have more snow than we do - ours has melted a lot. However, it is STILL extremely cold and windy. Will spring ever come??!! HAPPY EASTER!
Post a Comment