Well, hello again. This is what 29 looks like, 18 years later! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Thank you to everyone for making this day a little more special than all the other ones.
When I got up, my husband was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday! I was interested in wishing Ying-Yang a Happy 8 month old day!
Then I got to work and my employee, Jason, wished me a Happy Birthday. He knew from MySpace. Then a customer came in and happened to bring Mike and I mustard pickles he had made and a "Caribou steak" for us to try. I love deer meat, so I'm sure that I will love Caribou. Can't wait to try it! Another employee, Barry, showed up with the 2 half gallons of Gold Crown that he went to N.H. to get for me, yesterday. Even though these weren't birthday presents, it felt kinda good to get all these things on my birthday!
Then my Aunt Nellie called me at work, to sing me Happy Birthday and to tell me that she is cold! Today our high was 38. So, poor baby Aunt Nellie! Probably higher than 50 there!
Last week, I received a package from my mother, with earrings and a monthly planner for next year. I wore the earrings today and the monthly planner will come in very handy for figuring out my life, next year.
When I got home today, I had cards from Mom and Dad Rollins, Webber Energy Fuels, Jackie, Rhonda and Brenda. I turn on the computer and have E-cards from Aunt Nellie and Pamela. That was very neat to me as I had never done that before. I sent them back Thank You E-cards. Hope they got them OK.
The next thing I know, there is a knock on the door and guess who it was? My favorite guy, next to Mike, in the whole wide world!!!!! After we played 'Where's Nana game, Trent gave me my card and sang Happy Birthday to me, with NO coaching! All by himself. He isn't even 2 yet! I was so proud of him, I couldn't stop kissing him! John and Katie make a real effort for me to see him and for him to be with BOTH his parents on special occasions! He is the best and so are they. If the truth be known, I still hold out a lot of hope for these two. Who knows.
Then I noticed I had 3 texts on my cell phone. Those were from my best friends, Jackie and Rhonda. They had been trying to reach me all day and wish me a Happy Birthday! I can't use my phone at work, so I didn't get them until this evening.
Thanks again, to everyone that made this day special for me, but remember I'm only 29, OK?
LOVE YA ALL! Babbette T. Tinglehoofer

4 comments:
yeah - whatever!!! My doctor's nurse told me yesterday that I am 2 days older than dirt. Excellent picture of "Little John"...he's such a cutie. I have hopes for that relationship, also...at least for Trent's sake. Have a great day and remember...."the sands of the hourglass......MOM
The Thank You card came through fine. Glad to hear you had a good day.
Cheer up, Barb! In three years, you can join the 50+ club like the rest of us!! There's no getting around it, no matter what you keep telling yourself!:)Glad you had a good birthday. We all have so much to be thankful for, and are truly blessed by God.
Wow - Trent sure looks like his mother. Did you know that he has the same birthday as Brandon? I thought that was Jim sitting at the table in that picture. I guess it's been too long since I've seen the boys as I can't tell them apart!
Post a Comment