At 1:30 pm Wendell came by with his new girlfriend, Heather. They had been at her family's house in the morning. They could only stay an hour or so as they had a toy auction to go to. While we were chatting in the kitchen, Mom called. It seemed very weird for her not to be here for this day! She sounded VERY sad and lonely on the phone, so I tried to cheer her up. Mike and Jimmy dug out the cribbage board and we watched them play. Then Wendell began telling Heather what a good player he was and wanted me to play with him. I said, I really don't have the time, but he insisted. As my peg crossed the finish line, he was one point over the skunk line! Ha Ha Ha LOL! That's what you get for bragging, buddy!
At 3:00 pm, John's roommate dropped John off and left. Wendell and Heather were headed out the door and thank goodness, I thought to grab the camera and take a picture of the three of them. There won't be many more times when they will all be together for two minutes or more. We have raised them to be independant and we have to live with their choices, whether we like it or not. Katie and Trent were still at her grandmother's house and they would be coming, but not eating! I went from feeding 12 to 3. Mike, John and Jimmy. I never eat on Thanksgiving, because after all the work I put into the cooking, I'm sick of looking at it, let alone eating it. I do pick along the way. That might have something to do with it too!
So, the three guys sat down to eat and then Katie and Trent showed up with an Oreo Brownie that she had made for DAD! Needless to say, we had a whole lot more food than we needed! John took tons of leftovers home and the rest hit the trash except the Turkey and pies! I couldn't think of anything else to do with them. We are not a leftover family, as most of you know! Trent didn't want any sweets! I was surprised! He wanted BLACK OLIVES, NANA, PLEASE! So none of those went to waste!
After we got everything cleaned up and everyone had gone home, I turned on my computer and got another sweet surprise! Nichole had Emailed me to let me know, that any time I want to take Julia was fine with her! I hadn't heard from her since they broke up over a year ago! I sent an Email back, saying of course I want a relationship with her! This morning when I was at work, she showed up with her new boyfriend and Julia and I got a photo of her! She has grown SO much! Time really flies at this age! So, now I'm back up to seeing 2 of the 4 grandchildren that I have. I just keep praying that the other two will come back to me at some point, but I just take it one day at a time!
HOPE EVERYONE ELSE WAS AS BLESSED AS WE WERE ON THIS THANKSGIVING DAY!
Love Ya Barbara

2 comments:
Barb,
You should have made a very loud proclamation to everyone that no one was leaving the house until they all sat down to eat all that scrumptious food that you had worked so hard to make! Did you really throw away Thanksgiving leftovers?!? Oh my goodness....that's the best part of Thanksgiving....we never have leftovers because we always go to Brian's relatives. A turkey sandwich and cranberry sauce a couple days after Thanksgiving would be so yummy! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
I can't believe you actually threw food away!!! Why didn't you at least bag it up and freeze it for another day? I agree with Brenda....your family needs a good swift kick after all the work you put into planning a nice dinner for everyone...especially at today's food costs. Since when did a "toy party" take priority over spending a holiday with your parents??? I'll think of you as I make a turkey soup from the turkey carcass where I ate dinner...as the leftovers are, indeed, the best part of Thanksgiving dinner
Post a Comment