Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just a short note

I have come here to explain something personal!

I would prefer that this isn't openly discussed on Face Book.

As you all know, Mike has been out of work for a long time. Yes, he had a short job with the wrecker service, but that did not work out. As a result, we can no longer afford this house. We have decided to file for Bankruptcy and force a foreclosure. We will find a one bedroom apartment and down size a lot! I just wanted you to know as I will be posting things that may have not made since to you before this. We are going to get rid of as much stuff as possible between yard sales and private sales. This is where Face Book comes in. I will probably post a random photo here and there, but I don't want people on Face Book to know my entire personal life. As for the future. . . who knows. We are crossing one bridge at a time, one day at a time. I am embarrassed and ashamed, but this is the move that seems right to us.

Also, Brenda is coming home at the end of July. I'm glad she will be able to see my house, before it is gone. If anyone else wants to come home at that time, I am taking the weekend of July 30th and 31st off, because after that. . . .we will likely be moving. I would love to have all my family together at my house, one time. I understand that that probably won't happen, but it was worth a shot. We will not be here another winter. Possibly Fall before we move. . but no later than that!

Just wanted you to hear it from me and not guess it or hear from someone else.

That's All!

Barbara

4 comments:

Laura Brann said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news, remember: God never closes one door that He doesn't open another. I would love to come home this summer, but don"t see that happening due to school and finances. Pam will be home in July for Grammie's memorial service, but will be there right after Breanna's wedding and only for a short time. Nellie is already living in Brunswick so maybe you could tell her. Not sure what Brian is doing this summer. Talked about going to Italy with Catia, but nothing firmed up at this time. k.i.t. and know I'll be praying for things to work out for you.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I am very sad to hear this, Barbara. I'm sure it must be very difficult for you and Mike to give up the house. I hope that everything works out for the best. Maybe it will be easier to live in a smaller place as far as upkeep and maintenance, heating costs, etc. go. I am glad that I will get to see it though this summer. Hang in there!

Pam's Oils said...

So sorry to hear this. I know how much you both have put into the house but getting the stress off your shoulders should make life so much more pleasant and easier for you guys. You should find a used RV on craigslist and drive around the country instead of the apt. Just a thought since the kids are all grown now.

Pam's Oils said...

I'll be back with both the kids over the weekend of July 9-10 (at least.) Grammie's celebration is on July 9 and I'm *trying* to stay for an entire week (a little before, a little after) assuming I can find a place where the kids & I can stay without breaking the bank. We definitely plan to come by and visit while we are in town! We'd love to see the boys & their crews as well.