

Last Wednesday, my boss came in for the fifth time in 3 months and asked me why I was crying and obviously stressed out. I explained that I have had no training and I've been working 7 days a week and 5 of those days are 11-12 hour days and the other 2 days are at least 4 hours. 55-70 hours a week. I needed an Asst. Manager and some training. She said that she was working on that. I suggested, that they bring the Asst. Manager from the slow store in Brunswick to help me for a couple weeks. On that day, she sent me home and said we would talk again tomorrow. On Thursday, she came in and told me that she did not feel that I could handle a 'busy' store and that she was moving me to the Brunswick store and my paycheck would decrease $50.00 a week! That's a lot of money out of my budget. I asked what if I said No? She said that I had no choice. Then I stated, you people can't possibly think after this that I am going to bust my ass and work 70 hours a week for you anymore. She said, "If you cannot commit as a manager, then you are all done." I asked when this is going to happen. She said on Monday the 30th, which is the day we leave for our Manager Training Class in Portsmouth NH for 7 days. When we return, I will go to Brunswick and Penny will go to Freeport. Funny thing is; I was rooming at the motel in NH with Penny! Wonder how that will work out. I guess we will never know, now.
This morning, my boss showed up at 10:30 and terminated me for "lack of confidence." End of Story. I don't get to say anything, just give up your keys and go.
Now, I'm not sure what to do. No work, no money coming in. I'm embarrassed, humiliated and blown away. That will certainly play with your self-confidence. Oh well, we will have to take it one day at a time.

2 comments:
Barbara,
I'm so sorry that you lost your job. I can't believe that your bosses can do something like that to you. I truly hope that things start looking up, and that you can find a new job soon. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Brenda
I guess I also don't understand how a boss can do something like that. Bet the next manager will have an assistant. You definitely need a different kind of job...and soon. Good luck with that.
MOM
Post a Comment