Wednesday, February 25, 2009


So, the snow is still piling up. Hopefully, I will make it through this post before the Internet decides to leave me again! Just some shots of our last storm and very little words. 12-14" on Sunday night. Heavy, heavy, heavy snow. Heavier than the last storm. I thought I was going to have a heart attack at work shoveling.
So, here is my fence. Snow is up to the top of it! Ying-Yang will be out over that in no time, so he is grounded until further notice! He can't even go into his yard, because the chicken wire on top is collapsing, due to the heavy wet snow. It has now frozen like cement, and there will be no moving it. Poor Ying-Yang!


This is a picture of the Birch tree on the back side of the fence. I always take pictures of this tree. Since we have been here (4 + years) we have watched it get bent and then revive itself. Right now it is completely covered in heavy wet snow that is like cement. If it comes back in the Spring, it will be a miracle! Hoping it doesn't snap off. We have lost alot of trees AGAIN! Not many trees left that have their original tree tops left. It is sad.
So, work isn't looking so good at this point. I will find out more tomorrow. I probably blew my mouth too much, but everything I said was true. Then I told Claudette (my boss) that maybe I should do something to get myself fired. Nothing to do with money, but maybe swear at a customer and then she could fire me so I could collect unemployment at some point. We will see what she has to say, tomorrow. She said she will call me. Probably at 4:30 pm When she sent me home, she called in 4 people to help her. 5 people to do what they expect from me in one day? What's that tell ya. I'm busting my ass, and maybe they are trying to push me out......who knows. Ttyl Barbara



3 comments:

Laura Brann said...

To quote you...."you'll be alright!!! You guys have sure got belted this year. Glad I live here in Colorado where our temperatures this week have been in the high 60s and low 70s!! Load up your truck.... see ya soon.....MOM

Anonymous said...

Gee....your snow drifts look eerily similar to ours!! Our snow banks are so high now that there is barely enough road left to drive down....and don't even try to pull out into an intersection cause you can't see if there are any other cars coming!! You just go on a wing and a prayer :) And, thanks, Mom, for rubbing it in again about your "summer" temps! We can't all be so lucky to live where the weather is gorgeous every day. I'm just looking forward to spring where it might get up to 40!

Laura Brann said...

Hey - there is nothing stopping ANYONE to "live where the weather is gorgeous every day". Pack your bags!!