Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHRISTMAS EVE AT OUR HOUSE

CHRISTMAS EVE AT OUR HOUSE!~ With the recent weather events, I was surprised that almost everyone made it!
Let's start with Ying-Yang. Mad at the world; his green grass has turned into something that is cold, wet and white! He is not happy at all! He also, is not used to a household full of people, with no where to hide. (Two small children in the house, he NEVER won hide and go seek!) That is his favorite game. Get somewhere and let out a small "meow" until we find him. The two kids (Julia and Trent) were ALL over that!
The first to arrive was Nichole, Julia and Ronnie! They are VERY happy and having a baby in April! Julia is happy with both of them and very excited about a baby brother on the way!
Mike had gone to pick up Mom and Dad, as they wanted to see the kids open their gifts!
It was wonderful to have Mom and Dad here. I was very sad that my Mom wasn't with us, but she is in Colorado now and doing things with my VERY pregnant sister Pam and hubby Rob. I'm happy for Mom, but this was the first Christmas without her and hanging her ornament on the tree, was hard. Dad just had cancer removal from three parts of his head and neck. He did rather well, with all the confusion that children bring. We strung peanuts, cranberries and popcorn (for the birds). Mom was a big help with that. She worked on getting the blunt needle through the peanuts in the shells for Julia. We all tried putting popcorn on the yarn, but the needle was too big and broke it EVERY time. So we ate the popcorn!

John and Katie arrived with Trent-er-bug and it was un-wrapping time! Trent got a real children's camera, a cell phone, dump trucks and motorcycles. He knew that the cell phone and camera needed to charge. (We told him that so he wouldn't play 30 minutes with each toy). He loves motors and electronic things. The cell phone was a cheap toy, but the camera, really works! It plugs into Daddy's computer and downloads all the pictures that he takes. Just like a 'real' digital camera. He loved it! Just waiting for it to charge, Nana!
Julia got 12 new sweaters for her baby doll, EMILY! One for each month of the year! I think that was her favorite gift. She washed the laundry, folded it and dressed Emily again and again! She is SO smart and adorable. She also got a Barbie and some 'Moon Sand'. A watch too, so she can learn to tell time! All the kids got 'Moon Sand' this year. I had never heard of it before, but it's cool! It's like beach sand that never dries out. It comes with plastic forms to make castles, pirates or whatever the kit includes.
I am VERY grateful, for what I had, but gotta tell you, that Christmas Eve was a very emotional day for me. I was raised to enjoy this holiday with family. A few of mine were not here and I cried most of the day. The only time I remember going to church on Christmas was if it fell on a Sunday or the Donovan's took us (when we were older) to midnight mass. So, I do what I was taught. Family, presents and good times together!
Things I got my hopes up about, never happened, and that literally crushed me!
Wendell couldn't make it, because he can't drive. We were already committed to picking up Mom and Dad, as they don't drive at night. Then Wendell asked us to pick him up and we couldn't. If it was just him, OK, but he needed to bring Heather and her little boy! Needless to say, he didn't come.
Wendell Sr. was supposed to compromise with me about having Tiffany, so she could meet Trent and spend time with her sister Julia (who by the way doesn't know who Tiffany is.) She doesn't remember her. I got a call late this afternoon from him that I could have her when I wanted. (Some compromise!) I'm working until next weekend and they are leaving on the 1st! He expects me to drive to Nobleboro, to pick her up, spend some time with her and bring her back. That's almost 2 hour drive one way! That is after working 10-12 hours a day. I don't know that I will get to see her at all! That bothers me alot!!!
Well, I am grateful for what I had and VERY sad about what I didn't. At some point, this will pass, but when, I don't know. Maybe, I am selfish! Anyways, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snowman making and sugar cookie making day with the three of them. Keep your fingers crossed that I can make that happen! Ttys Barbara











2 comments:

Laura Brann said...

nice blog entry....glad Al made it over for Christmas so soon after his surgery. Don't understand what both Wendell's problems are. Why can't little Wendell go get his daughter and bring her over to see you? He should be spending time with her as much as possible while she is in Maine. Let's hope 2009 is a better year for all of us.

Pam's Oils said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures. Since our little one didn't decide to join us in time for Christmas, we were able to open presents & have dinner at a friends on Christmas Eve and then had Rob's homemade lasagna & a few board games on Christmas Day. Needless to say, she's still not here yet. I wonder if she's really holding out for New Year's Eve so her 21st bday can be on a fun holiday.